Wednesday 29 April 2009

Buttons, business and Bluestone bliss!

Since I have last blogged I have been a busy little bee - car boot sale season is now upon us and this is of great excitement to me! Car boots are where I find some of my most fantastic materials, including these darling buttons, which I have been fashioning into bracelets and earrings, hopefully with necklaces to follow. I just love vintage buttons, you never quite know what you will find. I am in love with coral pink and mint green at the moment, so I created these dangly earrings which allow you to channel your inner Pat Butcher!
Trashy gold buttons are another of my loves, here I've woven them together with gold wire and attached them to a chain for a trash-tastic bracelet.

This is my favourite button creation so far!

On another note, I have just returned from weekend of partying and pampering in Pembrokeshire. We stayed at Bluestone, which really was a little piece of heaven - you can check it out at http://www.bluestonewales.com/
Above is a picture of my best girls, Sarah, Meryl, Sian, Jenny and Cara (I'm the one in the bottom middle with the glasses, and yes I think I did come off worst in this piece of 'art' from Van Gogh's Workshop!), we have been the best of friends since school, and now that I don't live in Aberystwyth anymore I don't get to see them half as much as I should, so, after a long slog of organising and coordinating, we managed to meet up and catch up, and get this masterpiece between rides at Oakwood Park. Roll on the next one!


Finally, I got down to business with an interview at Trespass Magazine, about the trials and tribulations of bring a young businessperson, which you can read at
Until next time, friends!
M xx




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...